You are hereBack to top
Stokes Beginner's Guide to Birds: Eastern Region (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
From America's foremost authorities on birds, this pocket-size, brilliantly colorful, simple-to-use guide is an ideal introduction to the birds of the Eastern United States.
Is that butterfly outside your window a Monarch or a Giant Swallowtail? What's the best kind of feeder for attracting birds to your backyard? This pocket-size, brilliantly colorful, simple-to-use guide is an ideal introduction to the birds of the Eastern United States. It contains dozens of full-color photographs that enable readers of all ages to identify the most common species; range maps; tips on attracting and observing birds; information on habitat needs, life cycle, food preferences; and much more.
Special features include:
- Coverage of 100 speices
- Unique organization by birds' plumage colors
- User-friendly color tab index for quick reference
- Brilliant full-color photographs of each species, plus separate images of male and female when plumage differs
- Useful tips for attracting birds
- Information on voice, habitat, nest, eggs, incubation time, population trends, behavior, birdhouse and feeder preferences, and much more
About the Author
Donald and Lilian Stokes are widely recognized as America's foremost authorities on birds and nature. They are the hosts of the PBS series BirdWatch with Don and Lilian Stokes. Their books include the bestselling Stokes Field Guide to Birds (Eastern and Western editions).
*Search results on this website are not a real-time indication of our in-store stock. To see if a title is available for immediate pick-up, please contact us by phone (502-223-8018) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you! *